Atrium Health Care issued the following announcement on Mar. 18.
In order to help protect patients, family members and healthcare workers from the spread of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), Atrium Health is implementing additional temporary restrictions for visitors to include essential visitation only.
Effective Thursday, March 19, only essential patient visitors will be allowed to visit, including:
- Patients in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) or patients at the end of life
- Patients who need a healthcare decision maker or visitor to help in communication or mobility
- Minor patients less than 18 years
- Patients having a baby and birthing coaches
The patient’s care team and the attending physician will work with families who have special circumstances, such as a critically ill or injured family member, on a case-by-case basis.
The visitation restrictions apply to all Atrium Health inpatient locations:
- Atrium Health’s Carolinas Medical Center
- Atrium Health’s Levine Children’s Hospital
- Atrium Health’s Levine Cancer Institute
- Atrium Health Mercy
- Atrium Health Anson
- Atrium Health Cleveland
- Atrium Health Kings Mountain
- Atrium Health Lincoln
- Atrium Health Cabarrus
- Atrium Health Stanly
- Atrium Health Union
- Atrium Health University City
- Atrium Health Pineville Rehabilitation Hospital
- Carolinas Rehabilitation-Charlotte
- Carolinas Rehabilitation-Mt. Holly
- Carolinas Rehabilitation-NorthEast
- Atrium Health Behavioral Health Charlotte
- Atrium Health Behavioral Health Davidson
- Atrium Health Pineville
For those that have flu or cold-like symptoms, please contact Atrium Health before visiting a doctor’s office, urgent care or emergency department to prevent the possible spreading of COVID-19. As more social distancing policies are in place, a wide variety of healthcare options for each specific health situation is available at www.AtriumHealth.org/GetCareNow, including Atrium Health’s:
- COVID-19 Risk Assessment: Recommendations on your risk of having the coronavirus by answering a few quick questions.
- Virtual Visits: Secure, face-to-face video chat with a trusted healthcare provider from the comfort of your home.
- eVisits: Care through a secure message for minor illnesses like flu or cold
- Health Line (704-468-8888): Talk live with a healthcare professional to answer your health-related questions.
About Atrium Health
Atrium Health is one of the nation's leading and most innovative healthcare organizations, providing a full spectrum of healthcare and wellness programs throughout the Southeast region. Its diverse network of care locations includes academic medical centers, hospitals, freestanding emergency departments, physician practices, surgical and rehabilitation centers, home health agencies, nursing homes and behavioral health centers, as well as hospice and palliative care services. Atrium Health works to enhance the overall health and well-being of its communities through high-quality patient care, education and research programs, and numerous collaborative partnerships and initiatives.
Original source: https://atriumhealth.org/about-us/newsroom/news/2020/03/atrium-health-enhances-visitor-restriction-to-essential-visitation-only